Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

От Stanley Wong
Тема Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I encounter a problem regarding setting up a JNDI Datasource at Tomcat
with PostgreSQL under Linux Suse 10.3 environment. This is the
exception.

org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC
driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

I wonder if there are some additional settings that I may have
forgotten.

Would you give me a hand here?

Stanley

Here is what I do:

0) Ensure the postgreSQL.jar is stored inside the tomcat/lib

1) Create a context.xml in the META-INF. The context.xml defines the
context below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context path="/someApp" docBase="someApp"
   crossContext="true" reloadable="true" debug="1">

<Resource name="jdbc/postgres" auth="Container"
          type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
          url="jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/testdb"
          username="gepguser" password="password" maxActive="20"
maxIdle="10"
maxWait="-1"/>
</Context>

Where testdb is the database inside PostgreSQL.

2) Add the following entry in web.xml:

      <resource-ref>
        <description>postgreSQL Datasource example</description>
        <res-ref-name>jdbc/postgres</res-ref-name>
        <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
    </resource-ref>

3) Use the following code to get the connection:

    public Connection getConnection() {
        Connection conn = null;
        Context initCtx;
        try {
            initCtx = new InitialContext();
            DataSource ds = (DataSource) initCtx

.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/postgres");

            conn = ds.getConnection();
        } catch (NamingException e) {
            // TODO Auto-generated catch block
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (SQLException e) {
            // TODO Auto-generated catch block
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
        return conn;
    }

Сообщение: Re: ResultSetMetaData.getColumnDisplaySize returns 2147483647 ?
Сообщение: Re: ResultSetMetaData.getColumnDisplaySize returns 2147483647 ?