Re: how to invalidate a stored procedure's plan?

От Ben Chobot
Тема Re: how to invalidate a stored procedure's plan?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Apr 23, 2010, at 6:00 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Ben Chobot <bench@silentmedia.com> writes:
>> I have a procedure that queries a table. This should be fast because of an index, but some index bloat has caused
theindex to become expensive, and so the procedure has cached a plan that uses a full table scan. I've since fixed the
indexbloat, but the procedure still seems to be doing full table scans. Is there a non-disruptive way to invalidate the
cachedplan for that procedure globally?

> What PG version?  In 8.3 and up an ANALYZE on any of the tables
> mentioned in the problem query should suffice.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Heh, woops, sorry, it's 8.4, and yes, a simple table analyze was all I needed. Thanks!