Re: driver ODBC-PostreSQL, cursor and transaction isolation level

От olivier dorie
Тема Re: driver ODBC-PostreSQL, cursor and transaction isolation level
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

Hi Hiroshi,

Sorry for my last message, I made some mistakes in my tests.

Since, I have made others tests with begintrans with (the driver 8.4.0100 and the driver 8.3.4):

·         No dirty read

·         Read committed

·         Serializable

I use the server settings or ExecuteSQL(“SET ISOLATION LEVEL ….”)

All tests give good results.

Regards

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

olivier dorie wrote:

> Hiroshi,

> Thank you for your answer.

> I try the 2 solutions (BeginTrans and the driver 8.4.0100) and the two

> of them work: in the small test, I describe in the last mail, the

> transaction is serializable.

> I have a last question: with BeginTrans or with the driver  8.4.0100,

> the transaction isolation level is every time serializable ?

Why do you think so?

Your example doesn't seem to show us the difference.

 > Is it possible to

> have a read committed level?

It's determined by the server setting. The default is read committed.

regards,

Hiroshi Inoue

Сообщение: Re: driver ODBC-PostreSQL, cursor and transaction isolation level
Сообщение: Re: driver ODBC-PostreSQL, cursor and transaction isolation level