Re: dbmirror

От Jeff
Тема Re: dbmirror
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On May 14, 2004, at 9:11 AM, Fred Fung wrote:

> Thanks for all your comments.
>
> Is it really true that the sequences in the tables in the Slaves will
> not be
> in sync with those in the Master ? If so then this is a show-stopper
> factor
> for us to consider using dbmirror, as we use sequences as a unique key
> in
> many of the tables in our application.
>
> What is Slony-I ? Is it a commerical software ? Is there a website I
> can
> read more about it ?

Slony-I is an async replication system.
It is pre-beta, but already it works very well. I'm using it in
production with 5 slaves!

http://gborg.postgresql.org/projects/slony1/

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/

От: "Ed L."
Сообщение: Identifying diskspace leakage
От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: new version of contrib/pg_trgm is available !