Re: psql patch: new host/port

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: psql patch: new host/port
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Dec 12, 2005, at 20:33 , Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Michael Glaesemann wrote:
>> I'm not familiar enough with the psql code to be able to tell, but is
>> this secure? The pg_hba.conf on the new server is enforced, I assume?
>
> You don't need to be familiar with the psql code to know that it would
> be pretty stupid if client programs could override the server
> authentication setup.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. My point was I'm not familiar enough
with the code to see if this implementation is secure. I do indeed
realize that clients bypassing server authentication is a Bad Thing.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Сообщение: Re: psql patch: new host/port
Сообщение: Re: psql patch: new host/port