RE: Windows Service Stops Responding

От Adam Lipinski
Тема RE: Windows Service Stops Responding
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Unsubscribe

From: Moreno Andreo <moreno.andreo@evolu-s.it>
Sent: Wednesday, 13 March 2019 3:41 AM
To: pgsql-novice@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: Windows Service Stops Responding

Hi Michael,

    please don't top-post.

Il 12/03/2019 18:43, mcassell@trimind.com ha scritto:

I tried again and got the same error "Connection attempt timed out.".  Log file is empty until I restart service, than I get the following.  This is the complete logfile.

2019-03-12 13:41:41.246 EDT [5948] LOG: received fast shutdown request
2019-03-12 13:41:41.287 EDT [5948] LOG: aborting any active transactions
2019-03-12 13:41:41.295 EDT [5948] LOG: background worker "logical replication launcher" (PID 19912) exited with exit code 1
2019-03-12 13:41:41.336 EDT [17468] LOG: shutting down
2019-03-12 13:41:41.533 EDT [5948] LOG: database system is shut down

Since I've never heard of this strange behaviour among my customers (we have some hundred postgres 10.x windows 7/8/10 installations), I'll try to guess and hope to find some interesting element to investigate.

Some points:

1. When did you start the server? it's missing of the initial, server startup, part... something stating at least that the system is starting, even restarting from a not-proper shutdown and, at last, "the database system is ready to accept connections". I would say that the first part should be taken from yesterday's file (or the file from the day before the one the file's referencing), as if you started server yesterday (or back in the past) and stopped today at 13.41 EDT. The log line I set in bold states that "something" has requested the system to shut down (Windows restart, service stop, even antivirus system (but that has also eaten your bins, so it won't restart), something else), but if you just started the server it can't be the first line in log file.

2. From where are you connecting? From a remote (not localhost) client or the server itself?

3. Did you alter config files? Default listening port is 5432, but if you install more than one cluster you'll have to change them.

3. Did you take a look at the Event Viewer? Is there any error?

4. Have you thought to reinstall?

Cheers

Moreno.-

Then a new log is opened when service restarts.

That's the intended behavior on windows

Thanks,

Michael Cassell