Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Feb 10, 2011, at 4:11 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> It's to tell it to create an empty extension in preparation for
> absorbing pre-existing objects from an old-style contrib module.
> See what I mean?  WRAPPER is not a useful keyword here.

Reminds me of creating a "shell type" so you can create I/O functions before *actually* creating the type. I don't
suppose"SHELL" is available.

That reminds me (OT), it's currently impossible to write an uninstall script for a custom data type because of the
circulardependency between a type and its I/O functions. There's no way around that sort of DROP EXTENSION CASCADE, is
there?

Best,

David