Re: How to reference a DB with a period in its name ?

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: How to reference a DB with a period in its name ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Mar 29, 2024, at 14:16, David Gauthier <dfgpostgres@gmail.com> wrote

> I tried encapsulating the DB name in double quotes (no good), single quotes (still no good) escaping with '\' (no
good),escaping with ".." (no good).

This is probably more about the string handling in the API you are using than PostgreSQL per se, because enclosing the
individualcomponents in double quotes does indeed work:

    x.y=# select * from "x.y".s.t;
    ---
    (0 rows)