Re: Foreign keys and inheritance

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Foreign keys and inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Apr 7, 2006, at 14:37 , Richard Broersma Jr wrote:

> I was under the same impression also.  However, I didn't take any
> time to play with inherited
> tables as I wanted to relate two child tables together via a relate
> table.  The docs explicitly
> same that currently this isn't possible. (However, it is on the to-
> do list for 8.2 :-D.

Not to dampen your excitement, but the todo list at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html
is for *all* todos, those being implemented for 8.2 and those that
people have thought might be nice but haven't done any work on.
Unless something's already been committed to head, or you see
something on the patch list (or are submitting a patch
yourself? :) ), there's no guarantee that anything on the todo list
will be in 8.2. (Or did I miss something? I've been known to.)

Patches welcome  :)

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com