Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Well for one thing because they don't scale well to billions of
records. For another they're even less like the standard or anything
any other database has.

I agree with you that there's no reason to actively deprecate OIDs or
hurt users who use them. But we should make it as easy as possible for
users who want to move to a normal primary key, not put obstacles in
their way like large full table rewrites.

--
Greg