Re: password

От Sachin Srivastava
Тема Re: password
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

Installation of postgresql requires you to enter a password for the user 'postgres'.

 i) If the user 'postgres' is not there, it will create it and set the password to whatever you have provided,
 ii) If the user 'postgres' is already existing, then you have to give its password to move further in the installation.

You can use any account other that 'postgres' by giving CLI option '---serviceaccount <username>'. See --help for more details.

In case you dont remember the password you set for user 'postgres' then you can change the same via "Right Click My Computer"-->"Manage"-> Users..

You said it rejects the password.  When ?

And windows user are most welcome here.