Re: select query on Dates stored as varchar

От Yosef Haas
Тема Re: select query on Dates stored as varchar
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I agree wholeheartedly with all of your points. The data should be in the
right format. The problem I'm faced with is that I'm in the middle of a
hosting migration and can't stop to change and deploy all the applications
that expect the date in that format.

Pavel did however point me in the right direction to making this work the
way it did. The answer was the locale. Once I did initdb with
--locale=en_US.UTF-8 it worked. I know this is not great for the long run,
but right now I need to get this up and running.

Thanks for the help.

Yosef Haas
yosef@karatedepot.com