Re: Request for Materialized Views

От Decibel!
Тема Re: Request for Materialized Views
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On May 5, 2008, at 2:43 AM, js@deriva.de wrote:
> We are using Postgres in our company successfully since 2001 but now
> we arrived at the conclusion that we really need "Materialized Views"
> for our further business. Also we decided that we should try to pay
> someone from the community for the feature to be implemented for
> Postgres instead of doing it ourselves.
> While we know that this is common practice in open source projects I
> would like to ask how such a kind of "announcement" should be made for
> Postgres.

You should post to -hackers. If you're willing to fund development by
yourself then it shouldn't be hard to get this done. I know for a
fact that Command Prompt will develop features for hire, so they'd
probably be willing to undertake this. But fully sponsoring this
might not be cheap...

If you're not willing to fund this entirely on your own then things
get a lot more complicated.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org

Вложения