Re: Hardware performance

От: Adam Witney
Тема: Re: Hardware performance
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Hardware performance  ("Balazs Wellisch", )
 Re: Hardware performance  ("Roman Fail", )
  Re: Hardware performance  (Ron Johnson, )
 Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
  Re: Hardware performance  (Hannu Krosing, )
   Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
    Re: Hardware performance  (Adam Witney, )
     Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
      Re: Hardware performance  (Adam Witney, )
       Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
       Re: Hardware performance  (Jord Tanner, )
       Re: Hardware performance  (Robert Creager, )
    Re: Hardware performance  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Hardware performance  (Vincent van Leeuwen, )
 Re: Hardware performance  (Jean-Luc Lachance, )
  Re: Hardware performance  (Joe Conway, )
 Re: Hardware performance  (Jean-Luc Lachance, )
 Re: Hardware performance  ("Magnus Hagander", )
  Re: Hardware performance  (Ron Johnson, )
 Re: Hardware performance  ("Magnus Hagander", )

> As I said, I've never personally found it necessary to move WAL off to a
> different physical drive. What do you think is the best configuration
> given the constraint of 5 drives? 1 drive for OS, and 4 for RAID 1+0 for
> data-plus-WAL? I guess the ideal would be to find enough money for that
> 6th drive, use the mirrored pair for both OS and WAL.

I think the issue from the original posters point of view is that the Dell
PE2650 can only hold a maximum of 5 internal drives

believed to be clean.