Re: [rfc,patch] PL/Proxy in core

От Steve Singer
Тема Re: [rfc,patch] PL/Proxy in core
Дата
Re: [rfc,patch] PL/Proxy in core  ("Marko Kreen" <markokr@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 15 May 2008, Marko Kreen wrote:

> On 5/15/08, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> Has PL/proxy been tested on other OSes?  FreeBSD/Solaris/Windows?
>
> It definitely works on Linux and MacOS.  I've seen ports for *BSD.
> I think any unix-like OS-es should work fine.

I've compiled it with a minor Makefile modification on Solaris and it
seems to work (it passes all the unit tests but the one involving
random; we might want to rethink that test so 'passes' on platforms with
different implementations of random()).  However, I haven't deployed it into
a production environment.

Somewhat unrelated, I can see use-cases for replacing the call to random()
with something that allows user defined polices for RUN ON ANY.