Unreliable pg_stat_activity, Windows 2000, PostgreSQL 8.1 beta2

От Jean-Pierre Pelletier
Тема Unreliable pg_stat_activity, Windows 2000, PostgreSQL 8.1 beta2
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

pg_stat_activity sometimes list no connections or a number of connections
much smaller than the number of postgres.exe processes.

 We also have these messages in our PostgreSQL log approximately
20 times a day.

 FATAL:  could not read from statistics collector pipe: No error
FATAL:  could not write to statistics collector pipe: No connection could be
 made because the target machine actively refused it.

 or

 FATAL:  could not read from statistics collector pipe: No error
LOG:  statistics collector process (PID 1628) was terminated by signal 1

 It looks like the pg_stat_activity problem and the messages become
more frequent as the load/number of connection increases.

 We were having the same pg_stat_activity problem and the same messages
with PostgreSQL 8.0.1 but didn't have the messages with PostgreSQL 7.4.1.
we don't know if pg_stat_activity was ok with 7.4.1 because we weren't using
it back then.

 We are using Windows 2000 Server, Service Pack 4.

 Thanks
Jean-Pierre Pelletier
e-djuster