7.3.3 drop table takes very long time

От Eric Freeman
Тема 7.3.3 drop table takes very long time
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm trying to drop a table and it's taking a very long time. There has been
a lot of modification to the table and it has a lot of old data still being
used as a result of not using the vacuum function enough. I ran an insert
into and it was taking a long time (ran for about 48 hours) so I aborted it.
I tried vacuuming it and that ran for about the same amount of time before I
aborted. I figured the fastest ting would be to drop the table and re-create
it.
I tried running a pg_dump and it ran for about 4 days without putting any of
the data to the output file.
I started the drop table command yesterday and it's been running for almost
24 hours.
I know it's processing because it's using up the CPU and I can run
transactions on all of the other tables except this one. It has about
132,000 records in the table.
Any ideas on how I can speed this up?
Can I go into the /data directory and find the file that contains that table
and delete that? If so, how would I go about doing this?
Eric

Expand your wine savvy � and get some great new recipes � at MSN Wine.
http://wine.msn.com

Сообщение: Re: Queries taking a very long time
Сообщение: Re: Queries taking a very long time