Re: Why is pg_dump using INSERTs instead of COPYs?

От Tony and Bryn Reina
Тема Re: Why is pg_dump using INSERTs instead of COPYs?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I've got a database running PostgreSQL 7.4.2 on Fedora Linux. In the
> > past, pg_dump would dump database backups using COPY to restore the
> > data. This time it appears that it has individual INSERTs for each
> > tuple. Perhaps I'm missing this in the latest documentation, but I
> > thought COPY was the default unless the --inserts switch is declared.
>
> This is still the case.
>
> > Can anyone think of why I'd be getting INSERTs?
>
> Shell aliases perhaps.

No. I just re-checked my aliases in the shell. Nothing for pg_dump.

I'm sure the answer is no, but are there any postgres-specific preference
files that may be causing the behavior (perhaps something I'm missing in
postgresql.conf)?

For the actual command, I'm just saying 'pg_dump -d dbname > dboutput.sql'
Nothing fancy.

-Tony