Re: Vacuum (table performance)

От Claudio Lapidus
Тема Re: Vacuum (table performance)
Дата
Re: Vacuum (table performance)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Vacuum (table performance)  (Jason Earl <jason.earl@simplot.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

>"Claudio Lapidus" <clapidus@hotmail.com> writes:
> > ... we are seeing increasing execution times, not for the
> > function but for the vacuum itself.
>
>Does a REINDEX of the table fix it?

Hmm, I'm looking at the documentation and it says that REINDEX acquires an
exclusive lock on the table. Does this mean that during the reindex
operation the table is unavailable for read/write by other processes?

An alternative suggested right there is to drop and recreate an index, where
-it says- CREATE INDEX would get a write lock on the table. Does this mean
that during the create index operation the whole table is unavailable for
write by other processes?

thanks again
cl.