executing a dml within a utility

От Ehab Galal
Тема executing a dml within a utility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I created a CMD_UTILITY, which upon being executed by the user should do the
following atomically:
1- drops a table
2- deletes from another table all rows with a certain criterion: "DELETE
FROM pg_t1 WHERE att = val"
3- deletes from a third table all rows with a certain criterion: "DELETE
FROM pg_t2 WHERE att = val"

I do the first step using ProcessUtility(). How can i do the 2nd/3rd steps?
Any suggestions?

I tried calling exec_simple_query() but this didn't work. I am getting an
error "cannot drop active portal"

Thanks a lot,
ehab

Find sales, coupons, and free shipping, all in one place! �MSN Shopping
Sales & Deals
http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctid=198,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=200639