Re: allow select from void function in void sql function

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: allow select from void function in void sql function
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> > Hello
> >
> > this small patch allow use sql for creating wrappers others void
>functions.
> > Currently void SQL function have to be empty.
> >
> > create or replace function foo(int) returns void as ' ','' language c
>..;
> > create or replace function foo() returns void as $$ select foo(10);
> > $$language sql;
> >
> > regards
> > Pavel
> >

>i'm not clear on what the use case of this can be... of course, my
>opinion is not very important :)

First. I write bigger C library - implementation of some dbms_packages and
plvision packages. I don't expect using plpgsql. I have a lot of void
functions. Usually set_...unset_ with and I need sql language for createing
wrappers for default values.  That's all.
Second. The logic in PostgreSQL is wrong now. Is too hard and too simple. I
can get VOID value via SELECT void function too.

Pavel

Chcete sdilet sve obrazky a hudbu s prateli? http://messenger.msn.cz/