Re: SQL/XML publishing function experimental patch

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: SQL/XML publishing function experimental patch
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
>1. Why did you base the datatype on cstring?  That's inappropriate for
>anything except guaranteed-short strings, because it's not toastable.

It's only my laziness. I can adapt patch for TEXT. It's only temporary
solution. The goal is true xml type.

>2. Is it really necessary to hack up the grammar for this?  Seems like
>you should create ordinary functions to manipulate the datatype(s).
>If every datatype thought it could do this sort of thing, we'd have
>a completely unmanageable grammar.
>
>            regards, tom lane

I prefere any general solution. But there isn't. I hope SQL/XML syntax is
exception and the solution SQL/XML function is relative clean. There was
ideas about pretranslators from different syntaxs. Is this idea dead?

regards
Pavel Stehule

Emotikony a pozadi programu MSN Messenger ozivi vasi konverzaci.
http://messenger.msn.cz/