Re: Request: set opclass for generated unique and primary key indexes

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Request: set opclass for generated unique and primary key indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>Right, but does the pattern_ops one have to be unique?
Sorry, I don't uderstand

>And if it does, do you need the normal unique constraint as well?
Sometime yes. It's about using natural or generated unique values.

I looked to source code and I propouse syntax:

CREATE TABLE name .. colname type PRIMARY KEY | UNIQUE [USING INDEX [TABLESPACE ...] [OPERATOR
CLASS opclass]

CREATE CONSTRAINT name PRIMARY KEY | UNIQUE '(' colname opt_class, ....

I don't think so this need big patch.
What do you think?

Regards, nice a day
Pavel Stehule

Citite se osamele? Poznejte nekoho vyjmecneho diky Match.com.
http://www.msn.cz/

От: "Qingqing Zhou"
Сообщение: Re: A doubt..
От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: pg_config, pg_service.conf, postgresql.conf ....