[General] Using cursors...

От Rafael Montoya
Тема [General] Using cursors...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi everybody, thanks for your answers about hardware requirements. DB design
was succesful and now we are migrating stored procedures from oracle to
PostgreSQL.
I can't handle cursors very well in PostgreSQL, for example, i need to
migrate this stored procedure:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE LOAD_EXP  AS
  cursor c_exp IS
    select C_COD_PRE from temp_codpre;
BEGIN
   for cur1 in c_exp loop
      update lcmap_ctrcre
      set v_cod_pcar = '07'
      where c_num_exp = cur1.C_COD_PRE;
      commit;
   end loop;
end LOAD_EXP;
/

and what i did in PostgreSQL was:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION LOAD_EXP() RETURNS VOID AS $$
DECLARE
  c_exp refcursor;
BEGIN
    open c_exp for select C_COD_PRE from temp_codpre;
    loop
      FETCH c_exp INTO VARIABLE
      IF NOT FOUND THEN
        EXIT;
      END IF;
      update lcmap_ctrcre
      set v_cod_pcar = '07'
      where c_num_exp = cur1.C_COD_PRE;
          end loop;
    close c_exp;
END;
$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;
select LOAD_EXP()

My really big doubt is about what VARIABLE must be and if this function is
efficient how is it written.
I'll appreciate any advice.
Rafael

Acepta el reto MSN Premium: Correos más divertidos con fotos y textos
increíbles en MSN Premium. Descárgalo y pruébalo 2 meses gratis.
http://join.msn.com?XAPID=1697&DI=1055&HL=Footer_mailsenviados_correosmasdivertidos