Re: performance degradation after launching postgres cluster using pgpool-II

От Cora Ma
Тема Re: performance degradation after launching postgres cluster using pgpool-II
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Feeling a little sorry about replying you later.

Then, I want to say so many thanks for this advice, cause we pointed our jobserver to the master directly and then the performance issues resolved. My client is so curious that why pgpool doesn't support so welcome platform like java. Hoping it can get improved in the following versions.

So, besides pgpool, do you have any other solutions for postgresql cluster?

Thanks a lot,
Cora

Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 06:47:13 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: performance degradation after launching postgres cluster using pgpool-II

> Before starting the cluster, one bulk updates through java code would cost
> about 1 hour to finish, but then it would take twice amount of time.

pgpool-II is not very good at handling extended protocol (mostly used
in Java). If you need to execute large updates, you'd better to
connect to PostgreSQL directly. Note that there's no problem that some
sessions connect via pgpool-II, while others directly connect
PostgreSQL.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii