Re: GSOC 2015: Student Introduction

От hitesh ramani
Тема Re: GSOC 2015: Student Introduction
Дата
Список pgsql-students
Hi Thom,

Glad to see your response. I apologize for the delay in response due to some official work.

>Do you have any particular area you wish to work on, or a feature
>you'd like to add?

Yes, as I said, I'm working on the sorting enhancements, I would like to propose enhancing the sorting using parallel architectures, specifically CUDA. I've been doing some research on this and I think it is very much possible. As Postgres has capabilities to handle massive number of elements and sorting is an important component in order by queries.

>You can find some project ideas on the GSoC 2015
>wiki page here:
>https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2015#Project_Ideas

I saw the wiki but the ideas stated there are very vague in sense, only a few have details, any plans to add more details and skills to the titles?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks and Regards,
Hitesh Ramani

В списке pgsql-students по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: GSOC 2015: Student Introduction
Сообщение: Re: GSOC 2015: Student Introduction