GSoC 2015: Introduction and Doubt regarding a Project.

От hitesh ramani
Тема GSoC 2015: Introduction and Doubt regarding a Project.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I introduced myself on the pgsql-students list but just to introduce here too, my name is Hitesh Ramani, I'm a student of Hyderabad Central University, Hyderabad, India. Currently I'm pursuing a project in PostgreSQL as my Post Graduation project hence I've hacked into the Postgres code a lot of times to add some functionalities to it, specifically to the sorting code. I'm also familiar with the query processing and backend internals.

I had a few doubts, which I need to ask and start on the proposal as soon as possible because the applications have opened.

1. As I did some research on this project, I found date_trunc() supporting intervals‏ was suggested last year but not selected as a GSoC project. Is it being floated this year too(as mentioned on the GSoC 2015 wiki page of Postgres)? If yes, what are the exact expected outputs?

2. Can I send a proposal for 2 projects to Postgres itself? Out of which one can be taken forward.

3. Does PG Strom take care of sorting as well on the GPUs?

Thanks and Regards,
Hitesh Ramani