DateStyle ignored in postgresql.conf during 9.5 start?

От Justin Cranford
Тема DateStyle ignored in postgresql.conf during 9.5 start?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi=2C
I can set DateStyle=3D'ISO=2C YMD' in postgresql.conf in PostgreSQL 9.3 and=
 9.4=2C but not in PostgreSQL 9.5. The DateStyle setting seems to be ignore=
d during server startup=2C but only in 9.5. I made other changes to postgre=
sql.conf which were applied=2C so it is only affecting the DateStyle settin=
g. I am using 9.5.3-1 x64 on Windows 7 x64 and it is reproducible.
To confirm the issue=2C I set DateStyle in postgresql.conf in 9.3=2C 9.4=2C=
 and 9.5 on separate machines:
#Excerpt From postgresql.confDateStyle =3D 'ISO=2C YMD'
On the machines running PostgreSQL 9.3 and 9.4=2C I restart=2C connect with=
 psql=2C and execute "SHOW DateStyle". It shows the value I set in postgres=
ql.conf:
postgres=3D# SHOW DateStyle=3B DateStyle----------- ISO=2C YMD(1 row)
On the machine running PostgreSQL 9.5=2C I restart=2C connect with psql=2C =
and execute "SHOW DateStyle". It shows the default value=2C not the value I=
 set in postgresql.conf:
postgres=3D# SHOW DateStyle=3B DateStyle----------- ISO=2C MDY(1 row)

In 9.5=2C I am able to set DateStyle via psql and it works. So=2C the DateS=
tyle value is only being ignored from postgresql.conf.
postgres=3D# set DateStyle=3D'ISO=2C YMD'=3BSETpostgres=3D# SHOW DateStyle=
=3B DateStyle----------- ISO=2C YMD(1 row)

In summary=2C the issue is PostgreSQL 9.5 ignores my DateStyle setting in p=
ostgresql.conf during startup.
Is this is a regression bug in 9.5=2C or a functionality change? Is there a=
 workaround?
Thank you=2CJustin Cranford

                           =