Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache

От: Balkrishna Sharma
Тема: Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Chris Browne, )
 Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Steve Wampler, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Craig James, )
 Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("", )
 Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Chris Browne, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Jaime Casanova, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("", )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Mark Kirkwood, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("Pierre C", )
   Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Jonathan Gardner, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("Pierre C", )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Greg Smith, )
   Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("Pierre C", )
    Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Jonathan Gardner, )
     Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("Pierre C", )
   Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Jonathan Gardner, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Alvaro Herrera, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Jonathan Gardner, )
    Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Balkrishna Sharma, )
   Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Craig James, )

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/wal-async-commit.html

" the server waits for the transaction's WAL records to be flushed to permanent storage before returning a success indication to the client."

I think with fynch=off, whether WAL gets written to disk or not is still controlled by synchronous_commit parameter. guessing here...