Re: Create Type Problem

От Vinay Jain
Тема Re: Create Type Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hi stephan
thank you for giving this information..
actually i  have found problem in order by clause
when i insert data in local language of india (i.e. Hindi) it sorts in order
of length which is incorrect
so i ve written routine & trying it for some new data type
now problem is this if i can not specify length then how much length it can
support...
the second thing though it is working on my sample data but order by
clause's output is varying
some time's it comes in right order and sometimes it's order is cahnged on
same data
i have defined < operator and according to code which i have tested as stand
alone is working fine
is there any need to change locale setting for user defined data type
thanks in advance
regards
vinay

>From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com>
>To: Vinay Jain <vinay_15082000@hotmail.com>
>CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Create Type Problem
>Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 10:32:34 -0700 (PDT)
>

>On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Vinay Jain wrote:
>
> >    I am newbie so this problem may be too simple to be asked.please help
>me if
> > any new thing to be added in following:
> >
> > I want to use user defined data type in User_Type(n) way....
>
>AFAIK, you cannot currently make user defined types that
>take (n) fashion arguments like varchar or numeric.

Old pals, ex-flames, great times. Catch up with the past! Sign up now!
http://www.batchmates.com/msn.asp