Re: REVOKE on ALTER USER, DROP USER

От: Tjibbe
Тема: Re: REVOKE on ALTER USER, DROP USER
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-novice

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

REVOKE on ALTER USER, DROP USER  (Tjibbe, )
 Re: REVOKE on ALTER USER, DROP USER  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: REVOKE on ALTER USER, DROP USER  (Tjibbe, )
 Re: REVOKE on ALTER USER, DROP USER  (Tjibbe, )

But it is some strange that somebody can change the password without knowing the old one... So if you leave your computer alone everone can change the password. So he can login.

Subject: Re: [NOVICE] REVOKE on ALTER USER, DROP USER
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 21:36:34 +0200

But is it possible?

For a demo account it can be handy. Because visitors, can change the vistor account, so the next visitor can't login. And the owner of the demo can't recover the password.

The problem for me is that I only have 2 database users. So i can't afford is to lose one.

Tjibbe

> CC:
> Subject: Re: [NOVICE] REVOKE on ALTER USER, DROP USER
> Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 12:22:58 -0400
>
> Tjibbe <> writes:
> > Hello, Is het possible tot REVOKE the ALTER USER command? In such a way tha=
> > t users cannot change their password and username? And also cannot delete t=
> > hemeself with DROP USER?
>
> Ordinary users (those without superuser or createrole privilege) can't
> do any of that except change their own password ... and I don't see a
> particularly good argument for preventing them from doing that.
>
> > Now I solve the problem in PHP, to filter de SQL query string behore sendin=
> > g to postgresql as follows:
>
> If you're allowing untrusted sources to provide chunks of SQL to be
> executed directly, you've got problems far worse than this one.
>
> regards, tom lane

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Jouw nieuws: wereldnieuws! Beleef 't op MSN.nl

De nieuwe Hotmail: Nu 2 GB aan opslag - dat zijn maar liefst 1000 foto's - en nog steeds gratis! Windows Live Hotmail

Windows Live Messenger het beste van de toekomst Download NU! Windows Live Messenger!

В списке pgsql-novice по дате сообщения: