Re: New version of money type

От Xiaofeng Zhao
Тема Re: New version of money type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I feel silly for even mentioning this, but there are less than 256
> countries in the UN, and as far as I know, each has at most one
> currency, so you could use 8 bits instead of 15.

That's not always true, e.g. China has RMB and HKD.  Also Taiwan is not a
member country of UN but I don't think one would exclude TWD.

There'll also times a country may transit from one currency to another.
Even a currency (currency of most continental European countries before
Euro) is no more being used, it may still need to be supported.

xz

От: Markus Schaber
Сообщение: Re: Backup and restore through JDBC
От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: New version of money type