How to determine if psql returns ZERO to the "shell" and finished successfully?

От Tommy
Тема How to determine if psql returns ZERO to the "shell" and finished successfully?
Дата
Re: How to determine if psql returns ZERO to the "shell" and finished successfully?  (Jorgen Austvik - Sun Norway <Jorgen.Austvik@Sun.COM>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I'm implementing a Setup Wizard to install PostgreSQL. In the documentation
it states that psql returns ZERO to the "shell" if it finished successfully.

I'm implementing a wizard in Pascal and was wondering the correct syntax to
check whether or not the shell received ZERO?
For example,

If not (psql) then
MsgBox('Note: psql was not finished normally.', mbError, MB_OK);
How exactly can I check to see if psql returns ZERO to the "shell"? What do
I test for?  If(Psql.exe)? or is there a variable I can check to see if it
has been set?

Any suggestions would surely be appreciated. Thanks.