ecpg: HOW TO READ RECORD ??

От Roger Moloney
Тема ecpg: HOW TO READ RECORD ??
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi,

We use ecpg (embedded sql) and plpgsql (postgres functions).

I'm having trouble trying to get embedded SQL to read the result of a
plpgsql function which returns RECORD or SETOF RECORD.

Does anyone have an example of this ?  I don't see it in the ecpg source
examples or in the ecpg manual.

/* following is an example of plpgsql to illustrate the data being returned
*/

/* type defined for the record that the function will return to avoid using
column list */
create type tp_GetPerson as ( person_name    char(40), person_age      smallint
);

/* this function returns zero or more tp_GetPerson records */
create function p_GetPersonByDept (pperson_dept integer) returns SETOF tp_GetPerson as
$$
declare v_record tp_GetPerson%ROWTYPE;
begin for v_record in   select person_name, person_age from person where person_dept =
pperson_dept loop    return next v_record; end loop; return;
end
$$
language 'plpgsql';

WHAT SHOULD THE ECPG PROGRAM LOOK LIKE THAT CAN  READ THE DATA RETURNED ?

thanks,
RML

Download the latest version of Windows Live Messenger NOW!
http://get.live.com/en-za/messenger/overview