Re: backup through Java

От Michael Schmidt
Тема Re: backup through Java
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Mr. Lewis,

When it wasn't working, it would just hang.  This happened either when the backup file was initially created (0 bytes on disk) or after it was completed.  Based on your comments, I looked at my BufferedReader code.  I found a comment on the Web that the CharSet should always be specified for the InputStreamReader, which I hadn't done.  I specified it as "US-ASCII" and backup hasn't hung since.  Maybe that fixed it!

Thanks for your thoughts!

Michael Schmidt
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 8:02 AM
Subject: Re: [JDBC] backup through Java

When it doesn't work, how does it not work?

If you see pg-dump.exe is still running but not doing anything, then it
might be because it generated more output to stdout than will fit in the
buffer, and you're not reading it.  One common mistake is to forget to
read stdout/stderr from the process.

-- Mark