Error in starting PostgreSQL Server 7.4 after crash

От sagar koirala
Тема Error in starting PostgreSQL Server 7.4 after crash
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
It all started like this:
My postgresql 7.4 running in CentOS crashed with one database missing in al=
l my backups. But, I have a copy of the entire pgsql/data directory (which =
is unforunately a version grabbed while the server was still running...)

I need to recover that database and I have tried the following:

Installed postgre 7.4 again and replaced the new data folder with the one f=
rom my backup, didn't work: postgresql service couldn't start.

So, I used pg_resetxlog PGDATA with PGDATA pointing to my current /pgsql/da=
ta. It said transaction log reset. At this point, the postgresql is not run=
ning, so I cannot dump my old data. Starting the postgresql doesn't work.

So I tried: export PGDATA=3D/var/lib/pgsql/data
Then I tried to pg_ctl start but ended up with following message:

-bash-3.00$ pg_ctl start
FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
DETAIL:  The database cluster was initialized with BLCKSZ 6330300, but the =
server was compiled with BLCKSZ 8192.
HINT:  It looks like you need to recompile or initdb.
postmaster successfully started
-bash-3.00$=20

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Liv=
e.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/msnnkwxp1020093185mrt/direct/01/=