Re: after delete trigger behavior

От Russell Simpkins
Тема Re: after delete trigger behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
>I suspect that if you read the spec carefully it would want a "triggered
>data change violation" error raised here.  My advice is not to use a
>BEFORE trigger for this.

What would you recommend then. I am using Hibernate in my java application
and if the sort_order column (in this example column.c) gets out of sync,
then the Hibernate application fails. In hind site, the after delete trigger
would be the better choice.

The trigger works fine for one row deletes, but I noticed that you can't
even do multiple row deletes with the trigger. Postgres only executes one
row delete.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: