FW: pg_put_line() Frustration

От Simon Hewitt
Тема FW: pg_put_line() Frustration
Дата
Список pgsql-php
>It's PostgreSQL or Postgres, not Postgre.

Apologies - combination of Monday and lazy fingers

>  if(!pg_put_line($dbc, "\\N"))

>The last line above attempts to add a row with a single NULL value, so you
>get an error about missing data for the other columns.  What's the purpose
>of that line?

:$ - The purpose of this line is to send the NULL value as laid out in the
comments of pg_copy_from and not pg_put_line... Apologies - my mistake

The code is now working by correcting the NULL value. The code is now

  $sql = "COPY table_2 (f1, f2, f3, f4) FROM STDIN DELIMITER AS '\t'";
  pg_query($dbc, $sql);
  $sql = $data1."\t".$data2."\t".implode("\t", $data)."\n";
  pg_put_line($dbc, $sql);
  if(!pg_put_line($dbc, "\\N"))
  {
    pg_end_copy($dbc);
    $error_message('Could not enter details');
  }
  else
  {
     pg_end_copy($dbc);
     unset($data);
  }

opposed to copy_from is because I want to limit the fields that are being
entered. In the example above I am now entering data only into 4 fields.

Apologies for abusing the lists time - promise to drink some caffeine before
posting next time. Hope the example is at least semi useful to someone

Thanks again

Simon

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления: