forking child processes in src/backend/main/main.c

От S -
Тема forking child processes in src/backend/main/main.c
Дата
Re: forking child processes in src/backend/main/main.c
Список pgsql-hackers
HI,
In our project, we have unix socket networking going on and the Postgresql
code is the server in this process. We would want the postgresql database to
run as usual while it is transferring data (as a server) to another program
(the client, in our case, a GUI). Therefore, we would want to fork another
process that acts as the server.
Would anyone kindly suggest where would be the best place for us to call
fork() in this case?
Would this src/backend/main/main.c be a good place to put the fork() and
server code?
If yes, in which part in particular, or does it matter?
If not, in which file would it be better to put it?
Thank you,
Sumaira