Re: 4D to PostgreSQL tools

От Edwin Quijada
Тема Re: 4D to PostgreSQL tools
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Well, I have 10 years working with 4D and 4D Server.
I have conected 4D with Postgres by ODBC and the performance is aceptable.
Now I am using this for migrate the data to postgres from 4D.
If somebody has question or dude can contact me and I 'll help that I can
help.

>From: "Steven G. Willis" <sgwillis@deepskytech.com>
>To: Francois Suter <dba@paragraf.ch>, pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [GENERAL] 4D to PostgreSQL tools
>Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:56:25 +0000
>
>On 09/16/2003 at 13:47 it was written:
>
> >Someone asked me today if there are tools to migrate a 4D database to
> >PostgreSQL. Any clue?
> >
> >Some googling turned up a tool to go the other way round and the
> >archives got me an unanswered post about migrating from 4D to
> >PostgreSQL, so I guess there's not much chance...
>
>There are no direct tools at all.
>
>There is a connectivity tool, PostgreSQL for 4D, available from Exenevex
>at:
>
>    http://www.exenevex.com/next/us/prod.php?id=9
>
>What exactly are you having trouble with in doing the migration? I ask as
>the process is simple enough that a tool for doing the job is really not
>needed...

>Steven G. Willis     sgwillis@deepskytech.com       772.794.9494
>Deep Sky Technologies, Inc.          http://www.deepskytech.com/
>http://www.badchickens.com/         http://www.store-secure.com/

*-Edwin Quijada
*-Developer DataBase
*-JQ Microsistemas
*-809-747-2787
* " Si deseas lograr cosas excepcionales debes de hacer cosas fuera de lo
comun"

¿Estás buscando un auto nuevo?  http://www.yupimsn.com/autos/