LOCK.tag(figuring out granularity of lock)

От Jenny -
Тема LOCK.tag(figuring out granularity of lock)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
following is taken from postgresql-7.3.2/src/backend/storage/lmgr/readme:

"If we are setting a table level lockboth the blockId and tupleId (in an item pointer this is calledthe position) are
setto invalid, if it is a page level lock theblockId is valid, while the tupleId is still invalid.  Finally ifthis is a
tuplelevel lock (we currently never do this) then boththe blockId and tupleId are set to valid specifications.  "

how do we check whether blockId and tupleId of LOCK.tag are valid or
invalid?
is blockId same as tag.objId.blkno?  what field in LOCK.tag is tupleId?
thanks
jenny