How to build contrib module separately in PostgreSQL on windows

От 朱冯贶天
Тема How to build contrib module separately in PostgreSQL on windows
Дата
Re: How to build contrib module separately in PostgreSQL on windows  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I change some code of extension "cube" in PostgreSQL to do some experiments.

The problem is that I want to make these changed code effective, and I am not sure how to build it on windows.

After downloading the source code, I enter the "postgresql-9.2.2\contrib\cube" to type 'nmake' with VS2010 command environment. However, the Makefile is not compatible with vs2010.

Next, I download mingw and use it to build the extension "cube". But it also failed as above.

What I have found on Internet so far is just build contrib module on Linux , Unix and other platform, but no windows.

I know that there is a way to build the whole PostgreSQL from source code. But it is not convenient.

So, the question is : How to build contrib module separately in PostgreSQL on windows? Perhaps it is a simple question , but I can't find the answer.

Thank U for suggestion.