Re: PostgreSQL 8.4.8 bringing my website down every evening

От Alexander Farber
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.4.8 bringing my website down every evening
Дата
Список pgsql-general
But when I try to look at that wrong index it seems to be ok?

# psql
psql (8.4.8)
Type "help" for help.

pref=> \d pref_match
                          Table "public.pref_match"
  Column   |         Type          |                Modifiers
-----------+-----------------------+-----------------------------------------
 id        | character varying(32) |
 started   | integer               | default 0
 completed | integer               | default 0
 quit      | integer               | default 0
 yw        | character(7)          | default to_char(now(), 'IYYY-IW'::text)
 win       | integer               | default 0
    "pref_match_yw_index" btree (yw)
Check constraints:
    "pref_match_check" CHECK (completed >= win AND win >= 0)
    "pref_match_completed_check" CHECK (completed >= 0)
    "pref_match_quit_check" CHECK (quit >= 0)
    "pref_match_started_check" CHECK (started >= 0)
Foreign-key constraints:
    "pref_match_id_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (id) REFERENCES pref_users(id)

pref=> \d pref_money
                        Table "public.pref_money"
 Column |         Type          |                Modifiers
--------+-----------------------+-----------------------------------------
 id     | character varying(32) |
 money  | integer               | not null
 yw     | character(7)          | default to_char(now(), 'IYYY-IW'::text)
    "pref_money_yw_index" btree (yw)
Foreign-key constraints:
    "pref_money_id_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (id) REFERENCES pref_users(id)

Thank you for the explanations.

I have 4 GB RAM in my Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 1381
CentOS 5.6 / 64 bit machine.

#     select * from pg_stat_activity where current_query != '<IDLE>'
                                 order by (now() - query_start) desc;

shows 0 to 3 commands at any time, so it's probably not much?

Regards
Alex