Re: BUG #6043: Compilation PLpgsql Succesful but execution bad

От Emanuel Calvo
Тема Re: BUG #6043: Compilation PLpgsql Succesful but execution bad
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

>> Thanks Heikki for your fast response! ^^
>>

>>> The compiler would have to determine that the loop never ends, or it
>>> would complain that there's no RETURN at the end.
>>>
>>> Many compilers for other languages do that kind of analysis, but it
>>> usually only results in a warning, and compilers sometimes get that
>>> wrong. I don't think it's worthwhile to do that, but of course, patches
>>> are welcome.
>>>

>> Yeah, it's not a very big concern, althougth cold be taken for future
>> improvements
>> in plpgsql. I very far for submit a patch :P
>>

> The deep check of embedded SQL is not possible in PL/pgSQL - =C2=A0this
> remove dependency between PL/pgSQL and database objects. Deeper checks
> mean a broken compatibility :(.

Good point.

> PL/PSM has different philosophy where full check is implemented now.

Do you think that make some test in 9.1  worthwhile for this
language? I see that the last contrib was submitted years ago.

Regards,

--=20
--
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 Emanuel Calvo
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 Helpame.com

Сообщение: Re: BUG #6043: Compilation PLpgsql Succesful but execution bad
Сообщение: Re: BUG #6043: Compilation PLpgsql Succesful but execution bad