Re: pgbench \for or similar loop

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: pgbench \for or similar loop
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2011/4/20 David Fetter <david@fetter.org>:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 08:05:07AM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I played with psql extensions two years ago - it can do it
>
> It's interesting, but it doesn't solve the fundamental problem, which
> is to allow every client, not just psql, to do this.

then you need a real procedures that allows a explicit transaction
handling. I am thinking so this task is feasible. We just need a
implementation of CALL statement that runs a PL handler outside
statement transaction. Probably some extension for PLPerl or PLPython
can be more simple then  PLpgSQL for begin.

This is exactly task for "procedures"

Regards

Pavel