Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers

От Alex Hunsaker
Тема Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 19:50, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> You'll notice that this has been a complaint of veteran contributors as
> well; WIP patches either get no review, or get reviewed as if they were
> expected to be committable.

I don't see this changing anytime in the future. We have a hard enough
time getting "finished" patches reviewed.

> The person who e-mailed me suggests some form of PostgreSQL Incubator as
> a solution.   I'm not sure about that, but it does seem to me that we
> need somewhere or some way that people can submit patches, ideas, git
> forks, etc., for discussion without that discussion needing to
> immediately move to the cleanliness/maintainability/supportable status
> of the patch.

Reminds me a bit of what linux is doing with the "staging" tree. I
don't see anyway for that to work with postgres (lower the bar for
-contrib?).

You can fork fairly easy with github nowdays. For example the replace
GEQ with SA is on one of those git sites. Does that mean it gets any
attention? *shrug*

Сообщение: Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers
Сообщение: Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers