Re: EOL for 8.2 (was Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers)

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: EOL for 8.2 (was Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> But I'm still unclear on what would really be accomplished
> by extending support for it.  Sooner or later we have to get people
> to migrate up from it, and I see no reason to think that supporting
> it for just a year more will change anything.

And people is more likely to migrate if they see some kind of hard
line, specially when migrate means a lot of work.
Actually, someone i know is targeting to migrate before the EOL, just
because the EOL exists.

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL