Re: Unlogged tables, persistent kind

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Unlogged tables, persistent kind
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 6:22 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> My implementation path for that would be to add a crash_number onto
> pg_control and pg_index. Any index marked as "unlogged, persistent"
> would only be usable if it's crash number is the same as current
> system crash number.
>
> REINDEX would update the index crash number to current value. That
> also allows us to imagine a "repair index" command in the future as
> well.

This seems useful for non-crash-safe indexes in general.

> Heap blocks would be zeroed if they were found to be damaged, following a crash.

How do you propose to detect that? Until we solve the whole checksum
story I don't think we have a reliable way to detect bad pages. And in
some cases where do detect them we would detect them by crashing.

--
greg

Сообщение: Re: windows consolidated cleanup
Сообщение: Re: windows consolidated cleanup