Re: BUG #5982: recursive type crashes postgres

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: BUG #5982: recursive type crashes postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Kevin Grittner
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> I haven't seen anything which seems like a reasonable use case yet,
> myself. =A0If you were *actually* tracking turtles and their
> offspring, that would be a completely worthless data structure. =A0Is
> there really a case where a reference to the ID of an object of like
> type isn't a better solution?

There are lots of use cases for this.  I use composite types to
marshal data to the client all the time, and recursive structures are
fairly common in many classic problems.  Recursive composites fit the
bill perfectly.

merlin

Сообщение: Re: BUG #5982: recursive type crashes postgres
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5982: recursive type crashes postgres