Re: Incoming/Sent traffic data

От Maciek Sakrejda
Тема Re: Incoming/Sent traffic data
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
> About the log, i'm using log_statement = "all", on the postgres config,is there any
> other specific option?

You could try setting log_min_messages = debug1 (I don't think
anything below that--i.e., debug2 through debug5--is useful for your
case, but you can give it a shot to see what's there).

> My current implementation of proxy just use sockets to transmit the data between the app (that's
> why the port 4444 on connections) to the database, that's how I check the size of data
> transfered with it (it have a GUI to clear the traffic so I can check only the operation, not the
> setup).

Nice. I didn't mean to imply you were entirely unscientific about
this, just that you should be careful regarding assumptions as to what
is sent where when. A tool like Wireshark is (relatively) easy to pick
up and gives you tremendous insight into what's going on on the wire
with no application changes required (and it even has a PostgreSQL
protocol plugin by default so you don't need to stare at raw bytes).

---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com

Сообщение: Re: Incoming/Sent traffic data
Сообщение: Re: Incoming/Sent traffic data